Annual Popcorn Sale
The popcorn sale is our biggest unit fundraiser of the year, and selling has many benefits. Fundraising teaches Scouts many essential life skills such as goal setting, salesmanship, communication, teamwork, time management, and countless others. It is an excellent opportunity for learning and helps deliver the Scouting program to Scouts across our council by providing camperships, membership fees, uniforms, and other essential items. Many of our units can fund their entire Scouting year with this one sale! This includes paying for things such as summer camp, advancements, and membership costs.
Last year we saw the most growth since COVID-19 hit. We had a 31.6% increase in sales over 2021!
- Units Selling 10-30k: 25.8%
- Units Selling 3-9k: 43.5%
- Units Selling 1-3k: 30.6%
How Can I Purchase Popcorn?
Our sale runs from September through October. During that time, you will likely see Scouts selling popcorn outside many stores in the area. You can also contact our office to be directed to a selling unit in your area. Finally, you can also order select items online.
- Show & Sell Orders Due: August 25th
- Show & Sell Distribution: September 15th (Details emailed to unit chairmen on 9/12)
- Take Orders & Show & Sell Money Due: October 30th
- Take Order Distribution: November 17th
- Take Order Money & Prize Orders Due: December 1st