Law Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to offer virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Law merit badge in two separate courses, using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Registration for Cohort #1 begins on Monday, April 6, at 6:00 p.m.
Here are some important details:
- This merit badge will be split into two different cohorts. As of April 3, 2020, we are only publishing session dates for Cohort #1:
- Cohort #1, Session 1: Monday, April 27, 2020, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Cohort #1, Session 2: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Scouts must participate in both sessions for their respective cohort.
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared by e-mail with all registered participants prior to the merit badge session.
- Registration is capped at 50 per cohort. Participants should pre-register. We will not accept more than 50 Scouts per cohort to ensure that each Scout has a quality experience.
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them, per Youth Protection guidelines.
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for the Law merit badge worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.
|Law Merit Badge Pamphlet.pdf||Download|