Geocaching Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to offer virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Geocaching merit badge on Sunday, October 18, using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Here are some important details:
- Dates and times of the merit badge (Scouts only need to participate in one session)
- Sunday, October 18, 2020, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- It is helpful for Scouts to have G.P.S. units, but there are mobile applications that work well, too! Our instructor suggests Geocaching.com or G.P.S. Receiver H.D. (available in the App or Google Play stores).
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session
- Registration is capped at 25 Scouts. Participants should pre-register. We will continue to limit session sizes to ensure a quality experience for all participants. It is likely there will be more than one session of this merit badge offered.
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them, per Youth Protection guidelines.
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for the Geocaching merit badge worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.
Virtual Geocaching Merit Badge (10/18) October 18, 2020