Animation Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to offer virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Animation merit badge next on Saturday, April 10, 2021, from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (C.S.T.), using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Here are some important details:
- Dates and times of the merit badge sessions:
- Saturday, April 10, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (C.S.T.)
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session by e-mail
- Registration is capped at 25 Scouts. Participants should pre-register. We will continue to limit session sizes to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them (at least within earshot), per Youth Protection guidelines.
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for the Animation merit badge worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.
Virtual Animation Merit Badge (4/10) April 10, 2021