USA Archery Level I Training, May 14, 2022
The course is aimed at leaders (18 and older) who want to teach the Archery merit badge, supervise a range at camp or Cub Day camp, or run a quality archery program for troops or crews. The course is being sponsored by Chickasaw Council’s Shooting Sports Committee, Boy Scouts of America. Students who complete the online course, pass a written test and practical exam will receive the Level I Archery Instructor certification which is valid for three years and may be renewed.
Instructor candidates will learn to operate a safe yet fun archery range. The course will cover range setup and safety, proper equipment, aspects of good shooting form, and methods of teaching. Previous archery experience is not required. You can download a P.D.F. flyer here, which contains the same information as below.
The course will be taught in two parts:
- Total cost for this training is $60.00
- A four-hour, online component ($40.00) through USA Archery; and
- A six hour in-person practical ($20.00, paid online to the Chickasaw Council) offered Saturday, May 14, 2022, at Camp Currier (9700 W. Commerce St., Hernando, MS 38632)
- Lunch is from 12:00-1:00 p.m.; please bring a lunch if you would like to eat on-site at Camp Currier
Steps to register and complete the course:
- Register using the button on this page for the in-person practical segment ($20.00 per participant) scheduled for May 14, 2022, at Camp Currier. You will then receive instructions via email on how to sign up for the online portion directly with USA Archery.
- Register with USA Archery for the online portion of the course. Your cost for that part of the training will be $40.00, paid directly to USA Archery. (Click here to register.)
- Complete the online USAA Level 1 portion prior to the May 14 practical segment. The online instruction will last approximately four hours and include a written test.
- After the successful completion of the online class, register online with USA Archery by May 13 for the May 14, 2022, in-person practical.
- Attend the practical, in-person segment on Saturday, May 14, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.
- Be a registered Scouter and be 18 years or older;
- Attend the entire, two-part course;
- Pass a written test over course concepts;
- Practice working as an instructor during practical training; and
- Commit to assisting with at least one council shooting sports event in the coming year.
USA Archery Level I Training, May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022