Sustainability Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to offer virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Sustainability merit badge on Tuesday, May 19, and Saturday, May 30, using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
This merit badge involves a significant amount of outside work, so be prepared to work on several of the requirements independently!
Here are some important details:
- Dates of the merit badge (Scouts only need to participate in ONE session):
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 30, 2020, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session.
- Registration is capped at 50 Scouts. Participants should pre-register. We will continue to limit session sizes to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them, per Youth Protection guidelines.
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for the Sustainability merit badge worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.
Virtual Sustainability Merit Badge (5/19) May 19, 2020
Virtual Sustainability Merit Badge (5/30) May 30, 2020