Reptile and Amphibian Study Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to offer numerous virtual and in-person opportunities as part of the Kia Kima 2020 Experience! We will be offering the Reptile and Amphibian Study merit badge on Monday, May 3, 2021, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. (C.S.T.) using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Here are some important details:
- Date and time of the merit badge (Scouts only need to participate in ONE session)
- Monday, May 3, 2021, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (C.S.T.)
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session
- Registration is capped at 35 Scouts. Participants should pre-register. We will continue to limit session sizes to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them, per Youth Protection guidelines.
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to email@example.com; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for the Reptile and Amphibian Study merit badge worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.