Public Health Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to begin offering virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Public Health merit badge over two Saturdays in April using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Here are some important details:
- Dates of the merit badge
- Saturday, March 28, 2020, 10:00 a.m.: Orientation call on the Zoom platform (access information will be e-mailed to all registered participants; recording will be put online after)
- Saturday, April 4, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: First session on the Zoom platform
- Saturday, April 11, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Second session on the Zoom platform
- Office-hours-type sessions will be offered during the week between the course for Scouts to ask questions of the counselors
- Registration is capped at 50. Participants should pre-register. Recordings of the sessions will be placed online, so Scouts who are not registered can potentially complete the badge, too!
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent in the room with them, per Youth Protection guidelines
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for Public Health worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.