Personal Management Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to offer virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Personal Management merit badge on Friday, May 22, and Friday, May 29 (Scouts must attend both sessions), using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Please note that completing this merit badge will require a significant amount of independent work. Additionally, while we are not restricting registration based on age, we recommend that participating Scouts be thirteen or older.
Here are some important details:
- Date and time of the upcoming merit badge sessions:
- Friday, May 22, and Friday, May 29, 2020, from 4:30-6:00 p.m. (Scouts must attend both sessions)
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session by e-mail
- Registration is capped, so register early! Participants should pre-register. We will continue to limit session sizes to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them (at least within earshot), per Youth Protection guidelines.
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to email@example.com; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for the Personal Management merit badge worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.
Virtual Personal Management Merit Badge May 07, 2020
Virtual Personal Management Merit Badge May 22, 2020 to May 29