Personal Management Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to offer virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Personal Management merit badge on Monday and Tuesday, April 5-6, 2021, from 6-8 p.m., using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Please note that completing this merit badge will require a significant amount of independent work. Additionally, while we are not restricting registration based on age, we recommend that participating Scouts be thirteen or older.
Here are some important details:
- Date and time of the upcoming merit badge session:
- Monday and Tuesday, April 5-6, 2021, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. (C.S.T.) (Scouts should participate in both sessions)
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session by e-mail
- Registration is capped, so register early! Participants should pre-register. We will continue to limit session sizes to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them (at least within earshot), per Youth Protection guidelines.
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for the Personal Management merit badge worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.