2023 National Jamboree at the Summit
The Boy Scouts of America will be hosting the 2023 National Scout Jamboree (after a six-year hiatus) at the Summit Bechtel Reserve, in Glen Jean, West Virginia. The ten-day jamboree includes tons of high-adventure opportunities, merit badge sessions, fellowship with Scouts from all over the United States, and lots more. The National Scout Jamboree is the premier Scouting event; it is sure to be a memorable experience for all who participate, with memories to last a lifetime! Keep reading to learn more and to register.
Who can attend the National Scout Jamboree? Scouts, age twelve and older, are invited to participate in the jamboree. There are four adult leader spots in the Chickasaw Council contingent.
When is the 2023 National Scout Jamboree? The dates for the jamboree are July 19-28; the Chickasaw Council will depart Memphis on July 18 and return on July 30, 2022.
How can I participate in the National Scout Jamboree? Scouts must attend the jamboree as a member of a council contingent/troop. Four adults will attend the jamboree as members of the council contingent. Other adults are invited to volunteer for jamboree staff, as members of the Jamboree Service Team.
What is the cost to participate in the National Scout Jamboree? For members of the council contingent (youth and adults), the fee to participate in the jamboree is $2,200.00, which includes the jamboree fee of $1,285.00, payable to the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
What does the council contingent fee cover? The council contingent fee covers the jamboree fee (including activities, tents, meals, and more), travel costs (vans and fuel), hotels/accommodations to and from the jamboree, all meals (during transit and at the jamboree), a 2023 National Scout Jamboree backpack, a merchandise package (to include multiple patch sets, T-shirts, and other items), and other individual and unit supplies.
Is financial aid available? Yes, the Boy Scouts of America offers scholarship opportunities for youth contingent members, up to the full jamboree fee of $1,285.00. Scouts can apply for scholarships through the jamboree registration platform, and you can learn more about scholarships here. Please contact Johnny Tracy or Jeremy Palazolo if your Scout needs additional assistance to cover the participation fees.
How can I register to attend the jamboree? Scouts (and leaders who want to attend with the council contingent) should complete the following steps to register for the 2023 National Scout Jamboree:
- Visit jamboree.scouting.org; click Register, near the top of the page. This link will lead to the registration page, through My.Scouting. All jamboree attendees MUST register initially through this site. Make sure to have the following prepared:
- Current BSA member I.D.
- Ensure that the member I.D. is connected to the registrant's My.Scouting account.
- Ensure that the registrant's (or parent's/guardian's) current e-mail address is attached to the registrant's My.Scouting account.
- After registering through My.Scouting, check the e-mail address listed to complete the required waivers and disclaimers.
- After you receive notice that your registration has received council approval, register with the council contingent, by clicking the Register Today button on this page (chickasaw.org/nsj-2023).
- Contingent fees must be received on the following schedule (paid online through the Chickasaw Council registration system or at the Dunavant Scout Service Center):
- $250.00 initial deposit due when registration is approved by the council
- $750.00 payment due by January 1, 2023 (any increment can be paid between the time of registration and January 1, 2023, but $1,000.00 per participant must be paid by this January 1)
- $750.00 payment due by April 1, 2023 (any increment can be paid between January 1, 2023, and April 1, 2023, but $1,750.00 per participant must be paid by April 1)
- $450.00 final payment due by June 1, 2023 (any increment can be paid between April 1, 2023, and June 1, 2023, but the full contingent fee must be paid by June 1)