Bird Study Merit Badge at Lichterman Nature Center
Please note the following COVID-19 guidelines and regulations:
- Registration is required prior to the event.
- Health screening is required upon entry (temperature check and 5 health questions).
- Each session is limited to fifteen Scouts, which is reduced from normal capacity.
- The outdoor classroom will be used, weather permitting.
- Social distancing is required while in outdoor classroom.
During this workshop, Scouts will meet the necessary objectives to earn their Bird Study merit badge and go home an amateur ornithologist! Participants will learn the importance of bird study, how to identify birds by sight and sound, how to use binoculars and field guides, and how to attract birds to their yards. Binoculars, field guides, and workshop material provided. Scouts are responsible for obtaining badge. Open to troops and individual Scouts. Space is limited, reservations are required! Group size is limited to fifteen Scouts per session. Face mask and health screening required upon entry to the nature center.
There are four sessions from which Scouts can choose (Scouts only need to participate in one):
- Saturday, November 14, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, November 14, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 21, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, November 21, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
This program is for Scouts BSA participants and leaders only. No non-Scouts or siblings please. Scouts only need to sign up for one session. The cost to participate is $25.00, which includes the materials needed to complete the badge.