Leave No Trace Trainer's Course, Camp Currier, March 12-13, 2022
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to announce a Leave No Trace Trainer's Course, which will be offered at Camp Currier from Saturday, March 12, to Sunday, March 13, 2022! The Leave No Trace Trainer's Course enables participants to lead Leave No Trace courses in their units and communities. Leave No Trace is the standard for outdoor ethics in Scouting. Keep reading for key information about this opportunity!
- This course is open to adults and youth over the age of fourteen. Participation is limited to twenty total participants.
- The course will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 12, 2022, at the Golightly Training Center at Camp Currier, and it will conclude on Sunday, March 13, 2022, around 1:00 p.m. Participants should plan to camp on Saturday night, and Camp Currier will be open for camping on Friday night, March 11, 2022, for any participants who wish to camp the entire weekend (food will not be provided on Friday night).
- Registrations must be placed by March 1, 2022, as all participants will be required to prepare a presentation for the training. Registering in advance will allow the course leader to communicate the expectations for this presentation in advance. No late or walk-in registrations can be accepted.
- The course fee is $45.00 per person, which includes snacks, lunch, and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and a light lunch on Sunday; all training materials; and the camp usage fee.
- If you have any questions, please contact Richard Cole (Leave No Trace Master Educator), at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jason Goodbar, at email@example.com. For registration questions, please contact Johnny Tracy (Chickasaw Council Program Director), at firstname.lastname@example.org.