Dog Care Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to offer virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Dog Care merit badge on Saturday, October 31, using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Here are some important details:
- Dates and times of the merit badge:
- Saturday, October 31, 2020, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session
- Registration is capped at 25 Scouts. Participants should pre-register. We will continue to limit session sizes to ensure a quality experience for all participants. It is likely there will be more than one session of this merit badge offered.
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them, per Youth Protection guidelines.
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for the Dog Care merit badge worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.