COVID-19 Information (as of September 3, 2020)
There is no higher priority to the Chickasaw Council than the safety of our Scouts, Scouting families, and volunteers. Because the COVID-19 virus has been identified as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization and the situation has been declared a national emergency in the United States, the Chickasaw Council is taking steps to ensure the health and safety of all of our stakeholders. In this spirit, please note the following:
- The Chickasaw Council has released a guide for Scouters, Scouts, parents, and other stakeholders with suggestions and guidelines for continuing or resuming Scouting activities.
- The Memphis Scout Shop and the Dunavant Scout Service Center are open!
- The Memphis Scout Shop is open Monday to Friday, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The Dunavant Scout Service Center is open from Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- View the Boy Scouts of America's page with COVID-19-related frequently-asked questions
- For any postponed events, the council will honor previously-paid registrations; if you or your Scout(s) are not able to attend a rescheduled event, your fee will be refunded. If a participant (Scout, parent, Scouter, other stakeholder) feels unwell in any way, he or she should not participate in any events.
While individual Scouting units and chartering organizations can determine whether their regular meetings and activities should continue, safety should be the top priority, and units should operate within the guidelines of local authorities, school districts, and chartering organizations.
- Please read the Chickasaw Council's Getting Back to Scouting guide for information and guidelines about resuming or starting Scouting activities.
For additional information about the COVID-19 situation, including tips for successful social distancing, safety measures in multiple settings, and other helpful guidelines, we suggest the following resources:
- Guidance on events and gatherings from the Centers for Disease Control (C.D.C.)
- Workplace and home guidance from the C.D.C.
- What to do when sick
- Visit the C.D.C. website for additional information and updates