Council Commissioner’s Vision Statement and Goals
As Council Commissioner, I will strive to see that the Commissioner Corps... increases the vital relationship between units, and the Districts and Council, through service to Packs, Troops, Crews, and Posts, by providing service to them tailored to their individual needs, challenges and opportunities. Goals:
- Provide an environment conducive to increasing unit serving Commissioners in established Districts by 20% by the end of 2019.
- Ensure that revitalization of Commissioner Service occurs in Districts currently without District Commissioners by the end of 2019.
- Facilitate District Commissioners and their Corps as they ensure that units increase their percentage of fully trained leaders by 20% by the end of 2019.
- Commissioner Manuals and Resources
- Commissioner Recruitment and Retention
- Commissioner Awards and Recognition
- The Commissioner Newsletter
- Commissioner Doctoral Thesis/Project Library
Upcoming National Training Events:
Recruiting and Engaging Commissioners Impact Session
Friday, November 1, 2019 through Sunday, November 3, 2019
ROGER S. FIRESTONE SCOUTING RESOURCE CENTER
1485 Valley Forge Road
Wayne, PA 19087
Do you have enough commissioners today? Do you have a pipeline of new commissioners preparing to serve the new girl packs, replace retiring commissioners and meet the future need to serve girl troops? And we also need to ask if you have enough roundtable commissioners?
This impact session offers an opportunity to:
- Learn and identify best practices to develop a recruiting plan
- Increase accountability for a recruiting plan, identify potential candidates
- Develop an approach to each candidate that increases the chance for success
- Know what to do when the answer isn’t “yes,” what to do when the answer is “yes”
- Create an expanded network of Scouting resource
Click here to enroll.