Collections Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to begin offering virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Collections merit badge on Tuesday, April 14, 2020, using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Here are some important details:
- Registration opens on Saturday, April 11, 2020, at 5:00 p.m., C.S.T.; click the registration button below
- Dates of the merit badge
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. (the class may not last the entire two hours)
- Prerequisites (have these items prepared before you join the video conference)
- Review and complete the merit badge worksheet; if you need to record responses to questions, e-mail the video responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For requirement 5b., showing two groups of items from your collection, you will need to send pictures of these items to email@example.com
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session
- Registration is capped at 30. Participants should pre-register. Recordings of the sessions will be placed online, so Scouts who are not registered can potentially complete the badge, too!
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them, per Youth Protection guidelines
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for Collections worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card