Coin Collecting Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to begin offering virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Coin Collecting merit badge on Thursday, April 2, 2020, using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Here are some important details:
- Dates of the merit badge
- Thursday, April 2, 2020, from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Prerequisites (have these items prepared before you join the video conference)
- Review and complete the merit badge worksheet; if you need to record responses to questions, e-mail the video responses to email@example.com
- Review and prepare coins for requirements 3, 6, and 9; have them ready on the conference call!
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session
- Registration is capped at 30. Participants should pre-register. Recordings of the sessions will be placed online, so Scouts who are not registered can potentially complete the badge, too!
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them, per Youth Protection guidelines
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for Coin Collecting worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.