Cit. in the World Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to offer numerous virtual and in-person opportunities during the COVID-19 pandemic! We will be offering the Citizenship in the World merit badge next on Monday and Tuesday, April 12-13, 2021, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on both nights, using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
Here are some important details:
- Date and time of the merit badge sessions:
- Monday and Tuesday, April 12-13, 2021, 6:00-8:00 p.m. (Scouts should participate in both sessions)
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session by e-mail
- Registration is capped at 40 Scouts. Participants should pre-register. We will continue to limit session sizes to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them (at least within earshot), per Youth Protection guidelines.
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for the Citizenship in the World merit badge worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.
Virtual Citizenship in the World Merit Badge April 12, 2021 to April 13