Cit. in the Nation Merit Badge (Virtual)
The Chickasaw Council is thrilled to offer virtual merit badges during the COVID-19 containment period! We will be offering the Citizenship in the Nation merit badge next on Monday and Tuesday, March 22-23, 2021, from 6:00-8:00 p.m., using the Zoom video-conferencing platform. There is no cost to participate; however, all Scouts must have Scoutmaster approval to begin working on the badge.
This merit badge will require some outside work, but it can be completed within about one week of beginning. Scouts are encouraged to review the requirements and work on or complete these requirements prior to the session meeting time, too!
Here are some important details:
- Dates and times of the merit badge sessions:
- Monday and Tuesday, March 22-23, 2021, 6:00-8:00 p.m. (C.S.T.) (Scouts should participate in both sessions)
- Zoom meeting access information will be shared to all registered participants prior to the merit badge session by e-mail
- Registration is capped at 50 Scouts. Participants should pre-register. We will continue to limit session sizes to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Scouts participating in the virtual merit badge must have a parent or guardian in the room with them (at least within earshot), per Youth Protection guidelines.
- In order to ensure that Scouts complete all requirements, as mandated in the BSA Guide to Advancement, Scouts (with the assistance of parent/guardian) must e-mail their work on the merit badge to firstname.lastname@example.org; there is no requirement for format, so Scouts can send completed merit badge worksheets (click here for the Citizenship in the Nation merit badge worksheet), e-mail text with answers or responses to merit badge requirements, a picture of notes and work completed, videos of themselves discussing the requirements, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance!
- Once completion of requirements is verified, Scouts will be e-mailed a blue card.