Scouting Alumni and Friends
Reconnect, Reengage, Support Scouting in the Mid-South
The Mid-South Scouting Alumni and Friends Group (S.A.F.) consists of multiple groups of Scouting friends. Each group has its own special Scouting-related interests, and the S.A.F. brings together these groups to keep alive the memories and spirit of the Scouting movement!
Learn more about our Mid-South S.A.F. Affinity Groups!
The following are the affiliated groups of the Mid-South Scouting Alumni and Friends organization. The links below will lead you to a Web or social page maintained by each group.
- The Friends of Currier group works on special projects, events, and activities to support the weekend camp of the Chickasaw Council, Camp Currier, located near Eudora, Mississippi.
- The Friends of Camp Tallaha group connects campers and staffers from Camp Tallaha, located in Charleston, Mississippi.
- The Kia Kima Alumni Association supports the staff, campers, and friends, past and present, of Kia Kima Scout Reservation, the summer camp of the Chickasaw Council, located in Hardy, Arkansas.
- The Mid-South Chapter of the National Eagle Scout Association fosters connection and engagement with all Eagle Scouts who live in the Chickasaw Council service area.
- The Old Kia Kima Preservation Association was formed to rescue and renovate the original property of Kia Kima, just a few short miles from its current location, in Hardy, Arkansas. Old Kia Kima is currently open for Scouts and community groups to enjoy.
- The Order of the Arrow Lodge for the Chickasaw Council is the Ahoalan-Nachpikin Lodge; all Order of the Arrow members are invited to participate in O.A. activities and events.
Other Alumni Engagement Opportunities
- Website of the Boy Scouts of America's Scouting Alumni and Friends
- Philmont Staff Association
- Northern Tier (Charles L. Sommers) Alumni Association
- Sea Base Alumni and Friends Association
Sign up to learn more about the Scouting Friends and Alumni programs in the Chickasaw Council!