Camp Currier was built by the Chickasaw Council in 1925 on land donated by prominent Memphian Elizabeth Currier. Located in Eudora, Mississippi, the camp was established as a year-round camping facility in contrast to Kia Kima which was only open during the summer months. Currier quickly became a popular destination for Mid-South area Scouts who built their own campsites and cabins. In fact Currier became so popular that the State of Mississippi constructed a road from Eudora to the Tennessee state line to make traveling easier for Scouts and their leaders. During World War II, Kia Kima was closed due to gasoline rationing so summer camp operations shifted to Currier for the duration of the war. Camp Currier remains a popular overnight destination and continues to serve the year-round camping needs of area Scouts.
To learn more about Currier, please contact the Chickasaw Council office.
Camp contact information:
(662) 721-8041, 9700 Highway 304, Hernando, MS